Bring the Makerspace to You!
FutureMakers turns your school or organization’s space into a makerspace for an hour or a day! Create an on-site field trip that focuses on invention and innovation! Perfect for classrooms, after-school groups, family learning settings and professional development sessions.
Pop-up Makerspaces are hands-on, material-rich experiences that are built around making makers – exploring technologies, tools and maker media – through substantial projects that go home with participants. From drawing machines to virtual worlds, pop-ups are an easy way to bring making to your community.
- Our workshops are facilitated by FutureMakers coaches with significant pop-up program experience. Our pop-ups are $385 for the first class period (up to 60 minutes), and $250 per additional class period in the same day. We’re available for one session, a full day, or multiple days! We regularly schedule several back-to-back sessions during the school day. Please inquire about volume discounts - we're happy to work with your budget!
- Materials for up to 20 participants are included in each session. Additional participants are $3 each. We ask for your best estimate of enrollments, and will build your price based on that.
- If your school is more than one hour from Baltimore, a $100 travel fee per distance-hour applies.
- We bring all materials to your classroom, media center or meeting space - we’ll need tables and chairs for all participants, and one 6’ table for supplies.
- We arrive 60 minutes prior to the first session to set up and orient instructors, if requested.
- We require a staff member to participate in every session - so you can learn our secret recipes, and continue bringing the awesomeness year-round!