To Apply, please submit an application by following this link.
Title: Director of Operations
Location: Baltimore City
Founded in 2012, FutureMakers is a team of visiting experts that bring maker education workshops, experiences with creative technologies, and intensive explorations of tools and materials to schools and organizations that grow young makers and innovative educators across greater Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia. FutureMakers knows that kids make things better with expert coaching, quality materials, real tools and cutting edge tech.
Job Objective & Scope of Position:
The Director of Operations provides day to day operations and strategic leadership for a growing organization, leading the charge in creating and implementing scalable processes and managing a growing team of educators. We are in need of someone who is data and detail oriented and able to thrive in a fast paced, growth oriented environment. You will be in charge of implementing current systems and creating new systems to support increased efficiency and push us towards working smarter. Every day, you will find ways to build and enforce processes that help us deliver a better product and create a stronger team. You will listen and train new and old members of our team as they work through the day-to-day program projects, experience challenges and become leaders in their own right.
- Sets an example as a leader with a management style that encourages participation and ownership by all, along with a continuous focus on execution, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial management
- Oversees development of customer relationships and viability of partnerships.
- You will be the integrator – the link between the visionary and the rest of the team. You will be the one that activates big ideas and develops systems to enable to success of others as they execute strategic plans.
- Continually reinforces and encourages exemplary service delivery to all customers, and ensure that all staff do the same, to assure customer satisfaction and retention
- Oversees implementation and customization of established Salesforce CRM
- Provides direct support and supervision for program and admin staff
Required Skills & Experience:
- Can confidently and effectively manage, train and grow people. You need to be the kind of person that truly gains satisfaction from seeing your team grow and succeed. You are equal parts listener and teacher: you know how to motivate different types of people and enjoy leading a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly effective written and oral delivery
- Entrepreneurial. We’re growing fast, which means we’re also outgrowing current processes. We need someone who is excited to roll up their sleeves and attack new challenges as they arise.
- Numbers driven. Able to efficiently analyze financial health of organization and viability of potential contract agreements
- Dedication to high quality customer service delivery and integrity through proven client and customer relationships
- Strategic thinker with financial acumen to grow the business while maintaining and retaining current business
- Experienced as a Salesforce admin a plus, but not a requirement
Key Competencies: integrity, problem solving, result oriented, conflict management, time management, customer focus, timely decision making, motivating and directing others.