Title: Program Manager
Location: Baltimore City
Position Closes: January 18, 2019
Founded in 2012, FutureMakers is a team of visiting experts that bring maker education workshops, experiences with creative technologies, and intensive explorations of tools and materials to schools and organizations that grow young makers and innovative educators across greater Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia.
Objective & Scope of Position:
The Program Manager leads our team of instructors, who we call Coaches. You will be in charge of implementing current program management practices, supporting the growth and success of coaches, and managing relationships with a growing number of program sites in greater Baltimore. This position is responsible for the following key duties:
Program Management and Evaluation:
- Collaborate with Founder to design, test, improve, train staff and implement seasonal and ongoing programs.
- Manage relationships with a growing number of in-school and extended day partner directors, site managers, and staff.
- Coordinate and manage operational needs and changing site conditions.
- Track enrollment and daily evaluation data from staff.
Instructional Team Management:
- Supervise a team of lead and support instructors, and manage their growth and performance.
- Coordinate staff training in pedagogy, workshop management, and youth development.
- Lead instructors through program planning, orientation to program sites, and preparation of materials.
- Anchor critical events and program launch dates.
- Schedule observations for lead instructors.
- Utilize Salesforce platform to schedule and track programs, staff allocations and evaluations.
Operations and Materials of Instruction Management
- Manage & track instructor deliverables – daily check ins, plans, and required preparation activities.
- Manage and track staff availability and substitutions.
- Procure and manage supplies in conjunction with admin staff.
Seasonal / Ongoing Contributions:
- Participation in instructor hiring process
- New staff orientation
- Strategic planning
- Biweekly schedule payroll review
- Outreach, professional development programs & educator engagement
- All-staff meetings
Reports to: Founder
- 4+ years experience coordinating and supporting growth of staff / program specialists.
- Education / cultural program / curriculum development or related experience.
- Experience tracking, updating, and reporting on broad portfolio of projects and programs.
- G Suite experience required, Salesforce experience a big plus.
- Content area specialists encouraged to apply – youth development, STEM / STEAM, Elementary Education, Maker Education.
- Compassionate, supportive, and compelling communication — spoken and written
- One-on-one coaching, observation and critical feedback.
- Process-oriented, critical thinker who can troubleshoot and problem solve human-centered challenges.
- Detail oriented, proactive, time-sensitive and deadline driven.
Salary: $47,500 – $55,000/yr plus portion of benefits, generous leave and flexible work location schedule, based on qualifications and experience.