We believe kids need tools, not just toys. Thus, we’ll be bringing our hands-on makerspace for elementary and middle school students to the fantastic Carroll Community College Campus! Futuremakers will be providing a wide array of courses for many ages throughout the Summer. Our courses are taught by experienced coaches and the curriculum ranges from woodworking to electrical engineering. Participants will learn about what it takes to be a maker in the modern age. Check out some of our courses below! For more information about the camps Carroll Community College will be offering, you can view a brochure with information by clicking here. To register for a class, visit their website here or call 410-386-8100.
Carroll Community College Summer Schedule:
- 7/10-7/14: Industrial Arts: Model Making & Casting Lab (Ages 12-15)
- Make professional grade models and molds of your own design to create things you can use, play with, eat or even sell!
- 7/10-7/14: Industrial Arts: Construction Lab (Ages 6-9)
- Emerging tinkerers, inventors, artists and engineers learn to use real tools to construct original projects of their own design.
- 7/17-7/21: Electric Art & Engineering Studio (Ages 8-11)
- Dream, design and construct electrified kinetic sculptures, glowing creatures and your own amazing advanced creations.
- 7/17-7/21: Cardboard Arcade Invention Lab (Ages 6-8)
- Young makers design, prototype, build and play unique arcade games of skill and chance from cardboard, foam, plastics and wood, electronic components and recycled materials.
- 7/24-7/28: Woodshop: Fundamentals of Furniture (Ages 10-12)
- Design and build a well-crafted table from plans you design.
- 7/24-7/28: Woodshop: Basics to Boxes (Ages 8-11)
- Master woodworking basics in three take-home projects – an elegant cutting board, a gift box, and an indestructible toolbox.
- 7/31-8/4: Electronics: Design & Innovation Lab (Ages 12-15)
- Design and build personal electronic inventions focusing on light, movement and sound.
- 7/31-8/4: Big Brains Machine Shop (Ages 6-8)
- This material-based exploration lab, built around the theme of machines, is perfect for emerging tinkerers, inventors, artists and engineers ready to activate STEM thinking.