We believe kids need tools, not just toys. Thus, we’ll be bringing our hands-on makerspace for elementary and middle school students to The Langley School! Futuremakers will be providing a wide array of courses for many ages throughout the Summer. Our courses are taught by experienced coaches and the curriculum ranges from woodworking to electrical engineering. Participants will learn about what it takes to be a maker in the modern age. Check out some of our courses! For more information and to register your child for a camp, click one of the corresponding links to a summer camp registration site below.
The Langley School Summer Schedule:
- 6/26-6/30: Big Brains Machine Shop (Ages 6-8)
- This material-based exploration lab, built around the theme of machines, is perfect for emerging tinkerers, inventors, artists and engineers ready to activate STEM thinking.
- 6/26-6/30: Electronics: Design & Innovation Lab (Ages 12-15)
- Design and build personal electronic inventions focusing on light, movement and sound.
- 6/26-6/30: Electric Art & Engineering Studio (Ages 8-11)
- Dream, design and construct electrified kinetic sculptures, glowing creatures and your own amazing advanced creations.
- 6/26-6/30: Cardboard Arcade Invention Lab (Ages 8-11)
- Young makers design, prototype, build and play unique arcade games of skill and chance from cardboard, foam, plastics and wood, electronic components and recycled materials.